Enginetap’s goal is to establish itself as a recognizable and respected brand in the games and entertainment industry both in original IP development and in services as a trusted development partner. We believe in growing and building our business according to our core values of forging strong business and player-centric relationships founded on trust, responsiveness, and quality.
We aspire to creative excellence by building well designed games driven by innovative visual and interactive design. We aim to grow a creative team culture based on idea meritocracy, outside-the-box thinking, and a team focus on successful player experiences.
DIGITAL ARTIST: 2D, Mobile Games
Enginetap is looking for a digital artist experienced in the creating 2D art for mobile games. With your understanding of illustration and visual design for both characters and backgrounds, you are able to apply your skills and experience to create 2D and vector art for mobile games, in a specified style. With great team communication skills, you can translate visual design briefs into early prototype explorations and deliver them to final in-game art. Although not a must have, our ideal candidate also has some 2D animation experience. Please share a demo or folio site of games and interactive projects, and at this time initial preference is for candidates is based in or near Vancouver B.C.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate and iterate with a passionate in-house team crafting games for mobile and tablet devices
- Concept characters, create compositions and colour studies
- Ability to develop character designs and backgrounds, within the appropriate aesthetic style
- Dedication to iterate and get the visual design and style right!
- 2+ years of 2D illustration and visual development experience, with mobile games included
- Exposure to traditional animation practices and methodologies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong interest and knowledge for gaming, especially in the mobile space
- Knowledge and skills in Photoshop, Illustrator (vector art)
- A background in developing printed illustrations
- Exposure to traditional animation methodologies
CONTACT US: Sound interesting to you or want to know more? Please reach out to us EMAIL